Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Red Wagon

Perhaps you have asked for something special on your birthday, or for some other special occasion. And you may have specified that it must be your favorite color: red roses, ruby necklace, red shoes....Well, I wanted a red wagon.  My husband surprised me with my first red wagon on my birthday. It is a beautiful wagon: red removable sides, lots of room inside, big tires, sturdy.  Wow! what a wagon.  My original plan was to fill the wagon with things from my yard...garden tools, weeds, fruit...and, I will when the weather is more spring-like everyday.  Getting closer.  For now the Red Wagon has become the backyard method of transportation for my grandsons. They have quick minds and awesome imaginations.  The wagon can become many things: a pull toy, a battle ship, or a covered wagon.  The uses are endless in the mind of a child.  I am simply looking forward to carrying my fresh vegetables, sweet fruit and fragrant herbs to fill my kitchen cornucopia. God has blessed us with four seasons and some years the winter is long, dark and cold.  This winter has been more like a long spring: icy frost, then rain, thunder, and lighting. An hour later it's sunny and warm. The next day the world is covered with a blanket of snow. Today it's cloudy and windy. Perhaps tomorrow it will be blue skies and warm again. I am so grateful. God is amazingly creative! So, perhaps the vegetable garden will get planted sooner, and the bees and humming birds will join the backyard critters as the trees wake up from their short winter slumber. I have lots of plans for my Red Wagon and so do my grandsons.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww. a gift worth giving. The Red Wagon has been muddy this winter...fourwheeling with the grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete